25.11.08

Sorceress




In hind sight, Sorceress (1982) is probably one of the worst movies out there, but when I saw it (I must have been anything between five and nine years old) it was the best freakin' thing ever. I think it is this movie that started my life-long love affair with fantasy adventures. The only books I read as a child were fantasy adventures. Wizards and witches, swords and sorcery, dragons and fairies, half nude barbarians and amazons, unicorns and fawns... my fascination with these, I think, is most probably because of this movie. It is awfully troubling to think that this movie played a crucial role in setting up my worldview. Luckily worldviews can change!

I would pay a lot to see this movie again -- I think it would be great therapy to see how I grew since then. So if you have it, please let me know.

(By the way, contrary to the title there is actually no "sorceress" in the flick!)

4 comments:

Einstein's Brain said...

Sorry, I haven't heard of it until now.
I think it's funny how we thought something was so great when we were little, and later look back on it and laugh. For me that was Ren & Stimpy cartoons. aaaaaagh!

Einstein's Brain said...

Actually, too bad you weren't in Boston now. I was there two days ago and the Museum of Science is having an exhibit on mythical creatures. I didn't see that though, I went to the Museum of Fine Arts instead (I blogged about it). I do wonder what would be in that type of exhibit.

Skryfblok said...

O man, I would have loved to see the "mythical creatures" exhibition.

Mary-Jane said...

For me it was Bionic Six. That's the first program I remember watching on TV and it was oh so great! If I watch it today, I'd probably be very disappointed:-)